Posted on October 14, 2021
Plant Bass'd Takeover 017: Cartin
We are back with our playlist takeover series with a feature from Derry multi instrumentalist maestro Cartin!
Fresh off his debut AVA Boiler Room show and a cracker of a release on the ever growingly coveted @nocturnelabel, Cartin has quickly become one of the most exciting talents to come out of Ireland.
Following on from his debut EP on @tboneexply in 2020, Cartin has shown his ability to craft a range of electronic sounds. Last year's Gunman EP highlighted his knack for highly energetic club ready techno and breaks.
His work on @nocturnelabel on the From Belfast with Love Compilation and his own release 'Bunk' brings out a more worldly club sound exploring techno, eastern patterns, and elements of gospel and funky house.
Recent plaudits have seen his feature track from the Bunk EP, 'Lost My Watch Again', receiving the Hottest Record in the World accolade from @bbcacrosstheline.
We are excited to see what the future has in store for this man and are buzzed to share an insight into his creative mind with 10 tracks of recent influence to him!
- Metronomy - The Bay (Mr. Mitch Remix)
- R. D. Burman, Kishore Kumar - Dekho Idhar Jano Jigar
- Cartin - Lost My Watch Again
- Mount Liberation - Unlimited - Double Dance Lover (Disko Dubb Mix)
- Sam Interface - Going In
- Elkka - Harmonic Frequencies
- Cakes da Killa, Proper Villians - Lite Werk
- Everything Is Recorded, Ghostface Killah - Pretending Nothings Wrong (CLIPZ Remix)
- Joy Orbison - in drink
- Was (Not Was) - Hello Operator (Classic 12" Version)
Link to playlist: Plant Bass'd Picks.
Artwork from the don @eggboy_design.